Friday, December 25, 2015

BoA Releases Her Christmas Song

Merry (late) Christmas! Again!


I know I'm late but I still wanted to blog about this. SM wrapped up their Christmas promos with BoA's "Christmas Paradise."


Much like with f(x)'s Christmas song BoA's went for something that sounds like a Christmas version of one of her regular songs. It follows the upbeat R&B mixed with pop that you've come to like out of songs like "Only One" and "Who Are You?" It's a sleek and clean cut production work towards it's strength as most Christmas songs are either very noisy or very little noise at all, I find this to be a more decent balance between the two. Overall, I enjoyed it.

Now for those of you who are wondering why I didn't post about Red Velvet's "Wish Tree", is well, while I love the fuck out of RV, "Wish Tree" suffers too much from SNSD ballad syndrome. It's okay but it has nothing remarkable or even making me want to listen to it again. If you're obsessed with vocals you might like it but I'm particularly not so let's leave it at that.

Don't even get me started on EXO's song. It blew to say the least. They should have just released the full version of the "Lightsaber" MV and called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment