Monday, November 2, 2015

[MV Review] F(x) - 4Walls


K-Pop's best group adds another notch in their belt with this awesome and addictive song.


F(x) is my favorite group in k-pop overall, and this comeback just proves that SM knows what they're doing. I know I'm in the minority when I say this but, I've enjoyed every F(x) promotional track and "4Walls" is just another glorious song to put in their already glorious discography.

This song is the more sophisticated and mysterious version of SHINee's "View" which is one of my favorite songs of the year. If you don't like deep-house then you won't like this song too bad. If the main reason you even enjoyed "View" was for it's peppy nature, then you're not going to like this. Oh well. The song is dark, and builds into a catchy chorus that has been stuck in my head since it came out.

Anyone who calls this song generic probably lives around this genre a lot. Not many groups have been doing this sound at all in k-pop, and there are those who will say SM gave up on f(x) because Sulli left and Krystal and Victoria are rumored to leave once their contracts expire, but they should just admit that they simply don't like the song instead of using their bias as a reason as to why they no longer want to stan f(x), because if you fave is the only thing making you stan a groups music, you were never a fan of their music in the first place.

The music video is fantastic and I might do a conspiracy post for fun because I love it so much. Also, on a side note, Krystal has been wrecking my bias list as of late. My #1 f(x) has always been a constant battle between Luna and Krystal and every time I think I've settled on one the other always comes and wins me over. 

F(x) has been stating since day one that the "x" stands for something new, and it's what they've been doing ever since with every comeback. Look at every f(x) comeback and point me to a single song that sounds similar or a concept that looks the same. I'm telling you now you won't find any.

I give this release a 5/5, great song from the best group.

Of course with f(x), the album is great and I will probably do a review sometimes in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment