Tuesday, December 9, 2014

LU:KUS - So Into U


I was told about this group by a friend today, they debuted in July with this song and apparently they are a group of giants similar to how Tiny G are a group of shorties. But enough about the background what about the song?


The song is great. It reminds me of k-pop before 2012, it reminds me a bit of UKISS's earlier tracks. It's refreshing seeing this sort of image from a boy group, because most boy groups have been some form of hip-hop throughout 2014, so seeing this is a breath of fresh air.

What I like most about the song is the harmonization during the verses, they really make this song go from good, to totally awesome. I also like the 90's style chopping beats (I call them chopping because that's what they remind me of.) The rap is kept short and sweet which is a strength, the belts are nice and the overall sound of the song is just really refreshing. I really love it.

The MV is pretty standard. It reminds me of BAP's "One Shot" mixed with SHINee's "Lucifer" mixed with Xia Junsu's "Tarantellega" mixed with T-ara's "Sexy Love". However the clothing on the boys is interesting, there's a girl for male demographic, and all of the members are smoking hot and let's be honest, when a song is this good, what more can you ask for? Since I'm probably going to loop this for a week I give this release a 5/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment