Tuesday, November 18, 2014

[MV Review] Nicole - "MAMA"


Nicole's solo was even better than I expected.

I really, really, really, really, really love this song. A lot. Like a lot a lot. I really liked the teasers however k-pop is known to do switch and bait, I'm glad Nicole stuck with what she was teasing us with because she "slayed" with this debut.

The song is very interesting sounding. The best way I can think about is if Ga-In during Step 2/4 album combined with "Russian Roulette" style SPICA, which is interesting because this IS a Sweetune production. It's upbeat but kind of sad, easy to dance to but at the same time easy to play and relax to. The music video hits the right parts focusing on Nicole's best assets: her dancing and her looks. There are a good amount of shots of Nicole dancing, and I like choreography a lot in this one, as well as there are shots of Nicole looking good, even with the dark feel of the MV it still very visually pleasing and it has some great cinematography. I can feel that she put a lot of effort into making her voice better because she sounds really good here. I really want to listen to this album as well.

I give the song and  MV 5/5 because the song is great and the MV is very cool as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment