Tuesday, March 18, 2014

2NE1's I Am The Best Plagerized?

This isn't very recent news, but very new to me. Back in 2013, a Dominican artist, La Materialista, was accused of plagiarizing  2NE1's "I am the best". In an interview, she admitted she used the track and "some" of the dance moves (more like most) but claims she made the lyrics.



Now lets get real. As a spanish speaker myself, those lyrics she wrote were nothing but translations to the Korean lyrics. She even believes her version is more popular and more liked on You Tube and even went as far as to say 2NE1's version is not popular with only 30,000 views in 2 years.......*dies*

She refuses to take the video down and has named her version "Chipi Cha Cha"



The thing I find most amusing is the fact that her own fans are the ones that noticed this and informed Korean Black Jacks, who then spread the word and sure enough, YG caught on.

It is unfortunate that YG is unable to take legal action as La Materialista does not have the financial status to even give YG the proper payment for the lawsuit. She brushes it off, knowing she is safe because of this, but she has a hoard of unhappy Black Jacks across the world on her case.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a blatant remake with a higher pitch.
    What sucks the most is that my names in the title :/ ugh.
    I feel bad for 2ne1.

    ReplyDelete